‘A friend in need, is a friend indeed’….’A pen is mightier than a sword’….
Have your ever thought why these quotes are so famous??? A sentence that contains only 6-7 words have greatly influenced crores of people to attain their objective. Many famous articles, social media posts, newspaper headlines, email subjects, all have something special in them that gets the client and the audience attracted. There are two indigenous quotes written above that has some powerful words like indeed and mightier; these words denote the meaning of both the quotes.
Similarly, in business sector, everyone uses these kinds of powerful words to get along with the upgradation of their image before the client. We have different types of powerful words that will always boost your conversation on any social media platform, and help you escalate higher in your professional and personal life. But, before moving ahead, we need to know what are the different kinds of powerful words and how they are used in our day-to-day conversations.
Power words are defined as emotional, persuasive, descriptive, positive, negative that trigger your emotional consensus strongly. Writers and marketing professionals use these words in order to trigger audience emotions and in return they take varied actions. These words can influence people and make them sad, happy, practical, encouraged, anxious and much more to be precise.
Let it be content writers, marketing professionals, speechwriters, anchors, smart speakers; everyone uses their way of conversation where they hypnotize the audience with their power packed words of persuasion.
Storytellers use narrative, truthful, imaginative words. Marketing writers use words that drive their audience to buy their product. Speechwriter use words that tour their audience with their own thoughts. Everyone has these power words that drive you up towards the destination of emotional consensus. For example, we have fear, encouragement, lust, anger, greed, safety, forbidden power words used according to their necessity.
Where to USE?
There are many actionable places where these words could be used to beautify the sentence. Business professionals use these words in a very appropriate way and at certain places that will take their business to the next level just because of the impressions of such words. Do you know where to deploy such power words?? No…So, lets take a tour to some of the places where these words would create magic!!!
- Business Names/Blog Names – A plant never grows without water, and so is your business name or blog name. A name that is not forgettable stays longer in mind rather than the one which is very easy to forget. A word that would create an impression in the readers mind should be mostly your business or blog name. e.g., Full house, Playing our way, Business Insider.
- Headlines – The word itself suggests, ‘made with impactful words. Headline is something that gives your subject or article or any content a perfect justification. People get to know the content by directly looking at the headline. So, if your headline doesn’t catch up the audience attention, it will fail to get through their minds.
- YouTube Videos – Content being one of the biggest weapons of youtubers, the title of that content is like a scope that needs to be installed. Every youtuber keeps in mind that working on title will give him views. If you want to stand out of the box, you need to create content with powerful words used in it. Keep such words in bold so that the title looks catchier.
- Email Subject Lines – Whenever we send an email to any of our clients, we make sure that the subject line is correct. This is because the subject line clarifies what the email is all about.
- Homepage – Your homepage is basically the face of your business that needs to be in finetune with words on it. You need to use catchy creative and innovative words in order to make it more impactful. These power words will define the peoples’ actions that they want to stay on your homepage or want to connect some other website. e.g., Third eye blind productions, MX Takatak.
Words that catch your eye is the one desired by any business to gain its profit. There are infinite creative words that can imprint on your mind. There are ways as well to input them in your Copy, Advertisements, Headlines, Opt-box, Email subject line, Homepage, YouTube videos, Product names, Author bio, Book titles, Sales page etc. Its just a matter of putting it at the right place for the right use. Just keep in mind that, ’A pen is mightier than a sword’……!